This photo was taken about 5 years ago. I look young and carefree, so it’s going to stay here until I update my photos. Lest you be confused, it is important to know that I run a small part-time photography business under the name “Bonnie B. Photography” and I also write, create, and Instagram under the name “I am Bonnie B.” As the seasons of our family life change, I find my roles and tasks change with them. I built this tiny little brand for myself so that wherever I am on the interwebs, you know it’s me. This blog is a place to find photo sessions, random thoughts, family life, and maybe a controversial issue or two.
I am Bonnie B.
Here are some things you may or may not want to know about me:
1. Jesus Christ changed my life.
2. I love my husband Brian. He is my rock, my sounding board, my bff, my travel buddy, and my own personal chef. He is also cute and handsome.
3. We adopted our daughter Emmaline through foster care. Our lives have changed in every possible way since that day 3.5 years ago. She is my heart and my joy. She is the reason I am getting grey hair. She fills our home with laughter and those squishy icky lizard toys you get at the Target Dollar Spot. She is beautiful and funny, and she is a bright light in a dark world.
4. We have a ridiculous dog. Lucy is a 10 year old long-haired red dachshund. Her love tank is never full. Ever. We. Must. Snuggle. All. Day. She is also very naughty, and she is not sure yet whether she wants to be a big sister. She has issues.
5. I’m a third-generation teacher, though I am taking a year off to take care of my little family.
6. I’m passionate about orphan care, foster care and adoption. Our own journey has changed me forever, and I hope that glimpses into our story will prompt questions, research, and action, and that more orphans will be brought home and claimed as sons and daughters.
7. My Papaw gave me my first real camera. He pulled a manual film Canon out of his garage and handed it to me. It was love at first sight. He later followed that gift with 2 vintage cameras that he kept for decades. These are some of my most treasured possessions, I love using them in my sessions!
8. I need coffee. Like, right now. I know it’s basic to talk about coffee, but I really love an iced cold brew with coconut milk creamer.
Questions? Email me and say “hey” at:
I am Bonnie B.